pls suggest diagnosis age 60 yrs male pt.having swelling in lt knee joint

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Respected Dr Swellling and pain in a single knee can happen due hue variety of reasons.Firstly ur xray appears fine to me with good intra atriculat space may be very mild OA but insignificant.Now u need to rule following OA GOUT( HYPERURICEMIA) If paining superior to patella Supra patellar burisitis If paining above patella Pre patellar bursitis If paining inferior to patella Infra patellar Bursiits Quad tendonitis ACL injury ( Antero inferior) If paining medially Medial memical injury/tear Medial collateral ligament injury Pes Anserine tendinitis ( Antero medial) If paining laterally Lateral meniscal injury lateral collateral ligament injury IT band syndrome IF posterior pain Popliteal tendinitis Post horn meniscal injury Popliteal cyst Bicepfemoris tendinopathy gastrocnimius tendinitis Othet condition u should look for include Chondromalacia patella. patello femoral pain syndrome. That is all I can think of now and are common in occurence.

Tx

View 2 other replies

There is reduced joint space with osteophytes degenerative changes in x-ray while on your examination of knee joint there is swelling may be H/O pain around knee showing patellar bursitis

Tx

Early osteoarthritis left knee

Go for quadriceps exercise for knee and some of OA

Some Medicine

View 1 other reply

I agree with Dr.A.Jaiswal

IFT + Ultrasound + Icing to reduce swelling Patellar mobilisation , ITB stretching SLR exercises, Hamstring strengthening.

Tc

View 1 other reply

Osteoporotic and degenerative changes are seen in x ray due to aging problem. Start the physio treatment like US + IFT therapy after that give patellar glides and do it PROM ex's after pain will decrease teach him isometric exercises to him.

I agree fo physiotherapy treatment

View 2 other replies

I agree with Dr R.N.Pande

There is a soft tissue swelling over the popliteal region . There is sevre osteoporosis . DD of the swelling1.lipoma 2. Popliteal aneurysm3.Rarely a fibromyoma

Load more answers