A case of Acute Calculous Cholecystitis

Dr. Vijay Kumar Singh is sharing a case of Acute Calculous Cholecystitis managed with great expertise by him. Share your views on the case & learn new things Follow us for more such updates!

76 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Thank you doctor

Very informative, and very helpful to know about briefly knowledge regarding disease.

Thank you doctor 🙏

Acute cholecystitis as a result of g b calculus lodged at infindibulam presented with clinically related symptoms but mimicking with acute cardiac pain False positive troponin I with deranged cardiac enzymes and ECG did not help in clinical condition of pt though the respective treatment was given The point bothers me why USG abdomen or per abdomen examination was missed on first presentation Yes successive workout clearly established the DX and your expertise approach could retrieve the pt congratulations

Thank you Dr. Shivraj 🙏 for the kind words. Yes a USG should definitely have been done. In fact an abdominal examination would have revealed the tenderness in epigastrium / right hypochondrium. A positive Murphy's sign would likely have been found upon examination of abdomen. My best guess is - since the center where patient was initially treated, is mainly a cardiac center, it was naturally assumed that the patient's problems were of a cardiac origin. And ECG and cardiac markers further obviously did not help either.

View 13 other replies

Good one Keep it up

Thank you doctor

Beautiful educative presentation

Thank you doctor 🙏

View 4 other replies

WOW,, SUPERBLY HANDLED CASE OF ACUTE CALCULOUS CHOLECYSTITIS WITH GREATEST OF EXPERTISE,, EVEN; CASE PRESENTATION IS VERY UNIQUE AND INFORMATIVE. THANKS FOR SHARING SIR. INVALUABLE.

Thank you Dr. Wagish Mishra for the kind words 🙏

Informative, nice presentation

Thank you sir 🙏

Good case👍 Managed well Complicated cases of cholecystitis, GB perforation, gangrenous Gall bladder etc can be managed by laparoscopic approach with good technique and expertise

Thank you Dr. Bairwa 🙏 I completely agree. Keeping beneficence (best interest of patient) in mind, laparoscopy is the way to go in such cases if resources and expertise allow so. Open surgery is associated with high morbidity, longer hospital stays and complications.

Informative

Thank you doctor 🙏

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thank you doctor 🙏

View 4 other replies

Load more answers